Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Life

Well, normally I would not blog on such a day that I am in such a foul mood but if I didn't blog about it once in a while, I would feel like I was not portraying myself accurately and honestly. 

Some days I just feel overwhelmed.  The list of things on my to-do list continously hovers over my head, my energy level wanes, individuals at work involve me in drama, traffic is heavy and the monotony of daily life rests heavily upon my shoulders and clouds my vision.  It feels like breathing is a chore.  My arms feel so heavy I can barely lift them.  Walking takes all the energy I have...

But I know having some days like this is normal.  I try very hard to put my feelings in perspective on days like today.  I try to focus on my blessings and all of the wonderful things in my life.  I know days like these are necessary so days that are better will feel better. 

Today, I counted down the minutes of my work day until I could get home to see my little family because I knew being with them would pull me out of my funk.  And it did. 






Days like these make me wonder if other people have these days and how they deal with them.  How do you cope with the monotony of daily life and the seemingly endless to-dos- laundry, vacuuming, cleaning, work, dinners, etc?  What if I didn't have a helpful partner at home?  What if I was a single mom?  Would I be able to handle it all?  How do single parents do it? 

No comments: