Sunday, January 18, 2015

Distraction

Well that Packer game was disappointing. What a letdown:(. In an attempt to block any emotional response to the loss, I immediately got to hanging my plates.

I have always wanted a cluster of plates on my wall (like for the past 3 years).  So I picked up several vintage-y plates of different sizes from 3 different thrift stores. At first I was just going to do white plates but after searching Pinterest, I was really liking the interest some color and pattern could give. Here are the ones I picked up. 

(please excuse all the iPhone pics. I didn't have time to properly photo document with my nice camera)

I was to eager to get these up on the wall so I didn't have time to get a bunch of plate holders and make it all professional and such. I saw this cool idea on Pinterest (where else?) and thought I would try it out. 


The Pinterest pinners used paper clips or safety pins but I had no paper clips and only one safety pin in my entire house(!). But I had a lot of those hooks that you can screw into your ceiling or wall and thought they would work fine. I also dismantled a few binder clips as well. So I gathered the number of "hangers" I needed and hot glued them to the backs of the plates. Then I cleared off the wall above my dining room table. 

(Never mind the birthday decor I started to put up for someone's golden birthday)

I started with the middle plate and and fanned out. Here is the end product. 



Yup. Love it. Ok, gotta get back to cleaning and redecorating before the depression sets in. 

No comments: