Saturday, February 21, 2015

Addiction...

It has been like forever since I did an addiction post.  Maybe its because I have not had an "addiction" lately.  Or maybe I did but I was just too lazy to write a blog post about it.  In any event, I have one now and have the energy to write about it.  So without further ado, my current addiction is....

































Staining with this combo.

I love the dark walnut alone.  However, the Classic Gray alone is way too light for me.  But the combination of the two with 3 parts gray to 1 part dark walnut (thanks for the ratio tip, Sonia;))?  Yup, fav stain color ever!

For instance, it is great on wooden crates...


On a large floating shelf...
(This floating shelf was my latest DIY project and I am not quite done styling it yet so this is only a teaser.  The shelf post will be coming soon.  Now that the shelf is up, there are a million other projects I feel I need to tackle.  Domino effect.)

And on some DIY signs I made for my Mom for her birthday...
(Not sure why these look darker here but in person, they are more consistent with the color of the other photos.  Maybe because this is an iPhone pic at night.)

I think it is pretty neat that there is a range of tones that come out with the stain depending on the wood.  Its a surprise every time:)

And I have big plans to sand down our bedroom dresser and stain it with this mixture (which leads me to a whole other project, master bedroom redo including our new king bed, making and upholstering a headboard, "new" nightstands and switching out the mirror above the dresser).

Stay tuned for more staining projects....

No comments: