Monday, March 25, 2013

Tales from Toddler Town

Toddler Town has a special set of rules and regulations that I am still getting used to.  But there is certainly punishments and penalties for violating the laws.  Usually the punishment is in the form of a meltdown, a fall to pieces, a tension tantrum, a small pointer finger pointing in the wrong direction with a stern "stop it, no funny" to accompany it.

Of course these rules, regulations and laws are subject to change at anytime, day, minute or second.  You have to be on your toes if you are going to venture into Toddler Town.

For instance, today in Toddler Town, it is illegal to cut grilled cheese sandwiches in half and they must be eaten from the center.  They also need a side of ketchup that cannot be used.  See below.


On Sunday in Toddler Town, there was some coup activity.  No lie, it was the day I was dreading for months now.  This involved an overthrow of the previous sleeping arrangement that we were all so comfortable with for so long.  That's right, there was a climb out of the crib attempt.  The hubs and I did not feel comfortable chancing putting him back into the crib so we transitioned him to the big boy bed.  

It only took about 14 trips back up to his room to place him back into bed each time we saw him purposefully flip his little body out of bed (we were glued to our video baby monitor).  But he did fall asleep and slept all night until 6:00 this morning.  Nap time today was interesting.  I went in there about 10 times but he was relentless so I laid down next to him and he was sleeping in about 45 seconds.  He didn't even wake up when I got up and crept out of his room.  I also took a nap at the same time.  By the time realized he was up, he had been busy.  He had removed his pants and diaper, turned the light on and took the humidifier apart.  When I walked in, he says "I poopy."  You can imagine my panic and my mad search to make sure he did not drop a deuce on the floor and then stash it somewhere.  Luckily, there was no trace of such activity.  Phew.  We will see how tonight goes...

 Positive reinforcement for sleeping in the big boy bed (not bribery).



 He ate them one by one as fast as he could just in case I might change my mind and take them away.

 Then he had so much energy, he composed a delightful (loud) little number just for his Mama.

 No worries, I trimmed that hockey hair back to acceptable levels tonight during his bath this evening.



Happy Monday from Toddler Town!!

No comments: