Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Its Spring Vignette Time

Remember last year's spring vignette?  Yeah, I knew I could do better this year.

But wait!  Forgot to show you my winter vignette!  Here is a crappy iPhone pic of it complete with tin foil covered cookie tray:


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that wreath on the mirror.  Like obsessed with it, but it was really winter-y and I am trying to usher in some spring in WI so it had to go.

Here is this year's spring vignette:

 Yes I recycled the umbrella picture and I can't stop hanging wreaths on my favorite mirror- addicted!!

 Please pretend not to notice the dirty mirror.  You would think I would have cleaned it before hanging another wreath on it or at least before taking pics of it.

 Gnomes?  Hell yes!

 I cannot help myself. I have to buy at least 2 or 3 of these $1 bird houses from JoAnn fabrics every time I am there.  I think I have like 12 of them.  Some are natural and some I white washed.  (For the record, I don't even like birds, I think they are creepy.  But I have a weakness for miniature things!)

 The cake stand above was an easy DIY project using a vase, serving platter/plate, heavy duty glue and spray paint.  See below:

 Vase

 Platter




 Then I spray painted it with 2-3 coats of Krylon 2X white spray paint.

And lastly, the crafty wreath consisting of a foam core, burlap strips, felt and buttons.  Done.

No comments: