Wednesday, November 27, 2013

3

Dear Sullivan,

This picture of you was taken 3 years ago today.


This was right after you transformed from a slimy blueberry to a real life baby.  You were you from the moment I met you.  I knew I would have my hands full.  I secretly hoped I would be able to wrangle you into the perfectly behaved child that I always envisioned for myself but it was obvious you had other plans.

From the beginning, you knew exactly what you wanted and what you didn't want and no amount of coercion from me was ever going to change your mind.  And you have only grown more you as the days pass.

I have learned much about love, compromise and even letting go in the 3 years you have been here.  And I will continue to learn so much from you every day.  I look forward to it.  Even though sometimes I am not sure how much more 3 year old bravado I can honestly handle.

Currently, you are obsessed with super heroes, NOT potty training, drinking from big boy cups only, your Mama, marshmallows, saying something is "my favorite _____ ever", talking about what Santa will bring you, mini corn dogs, hugging babies, dancing, your cousins, Little Einsteins and your new Batman PJs.  You talk non-stop and sometimes I have to tune you out.  Whenever I try to get a video of your talking, you stop...so Sully.


I wish my tiny Batman the happiest 3rd birthday ever!  I wish you many, many more happy and healthy birthdays.  I wish for you to continue to be you and be the person you were meant to be.  I wish you new experiences and confidence and laughter.  I love you more than I ever thought was possible.

Mama

No comments: