Friday, November 8, 2013

Nesting...

I have been nesting for a few weeks now.  Mostly, it has entailed readying the baby room.  First I had to clean it out and relocate all the "office-y" stuff that was crammed in the closet.  Then I painted it.  Instead of one of the greens that I showed you here, I opted for a medium blue.  It is a Behr paint called "Swan Sea."  I didn't want my teeth to hurt every time I entered her room due to intense girly-sweetness so I opted for less traditional girl colors.

(Now if I was a real, professional blogger, I would have taken these in the daytime for way better lighting but I am not so you will have to suffer through horrible lighting.  My apologies.)


The focus of the room is obviously the alphabet wall.  Once I saw a few on Pinterest, I knew I had to make my own.  I love what it does for the small room.  I know I need 4 more letters and I will get them eventually.


Since you asked, yes, I did make the crib skirt.

 Clearly this area is not yet done.  No need to fret, it will be done soon.

A close up of some details...

 Already an adorable shoe collection, thanks to Kaiti:)

 Art work by Sullivan James.


 I love ribbon and hot glue and storage bins.


And one night when my pregnancy insomnia was running rampant, I took the liberty of embellishing some onsies...


And then there is the closet...

Lots of pink in there, I know.  I didn't think I would be so pink-crazy but I guess that is what happens when you are expecting a girl.

We are so excited!  We can't wait for "our baby" to get here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute, as always. I love that crib skirt!!!!