Thursday, July 31, 2014

1/2 year

Dear Sydney,

It has been 6 months.  Six months since there was a time that I didn't know your face.  Six months since you didn't breathe the same air as me.  Six months since I anticipated meeting my daughter for the first time and getting to know her everyday after.


Six months.  Half a year.


It is just a blink of an eye, really.  But seems like forever, too.


Six months here was long enough to road trip to Nashville, stay at the Kalahari in the Dells, go camping and road trip to Cokato, MN.

Six months here was long enough for me to figure out that you will not take a bottle when I am around you, you have favorite people, you love to be talked to.

Six months here was long enough to know that you are very different than your older brother in what you eat, how you eat, how and where you sleep and even what diapers work best for you.


If I had only one word to describe you, it would be joy.  I feel it and see it every single time I look at you.  I have never known this much joy ever.  Such a joy it has been to have you.  


One of my favorite things to do is watch you and your brother interact.  He just loves you so much.  If you are crying, he will come up to you with toys and say, "don't be sad."  He just hates to see you unhappy.  He is one of your favorites, just as long as he is not all up in your face screeching (I am sorry about that, I don't know why he does this so much but I try to protect you from it).



Thanks for teaching me that I still don't have it all figured out yet.  Thanks for allowing me to continue to grow and love and live like I didn't know I needed to.  Thanks for bringing us joy and non-stop smiles.  


Love, 
Mama

No comments: