Friday, August 1, 2014

Just patting myself on the back over here...

Why?  Let me show you...

The upstairs bathroom makeover is well underway.  I hated that we really only had one towel rack and an over the door hook for 3 towels.  Drove me batty.  I needed something to hold more towels AND was cute.
So, I took an old board I found in the rafters of my garage and cut it down...


Spray painted it, sanded it down with an electric sander, stenciled some numbers on it with the grey/beige wall color I am painting my upstairs bathroom...



Applied some Polycrylic and attached some hooks and bam!  I have a "new" towel holder for my bathroom.


I promise I didn't paint the bathroom pink.  It looks like it but it is actually called "Smoked Oyster" and it is by Behr.  I am still having issues with taking photos indoors without any natural light and without the flash.

For exactly $0!

This one shows the color a little more accurately.

But where did I get the hooks, you ask?


From this hook rack I had in the entryway that I don't need anymore after putting up the board and batten.

Now there was nothing wrong with this but it just was not going to fit with the style of the bathroom.

It is pretty much perfect.  Stay tuned for more bathroom updates...

No comments: