Saturday, August 23, 2014

Bathroom reveal

Well, after our old dinosaur laptop was unable to obtain a wireless signal anymore and we were forced to get a new laptop, I was able to figure out how to download pics to this new laptop and can finally share my upstairs bathroom makeover.

Here is the the before:



BOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIGGGGG.

Then came the new wall color, painting the vanity, new shower rod and shower curtain, new vanity light and a DIY towel hook.  Which got us to this...




Which already made a huge difference.  But my vision was for much more of a change.  And it was accomplished by adding a barn wood frame around the mirror and some barn wood shelves over the toilet (thanks Dad!!).


 Lantern I got from a Swappers Meet while in MN recently.

 Wash clothes at the ready for cleaning baby and toddler bodies.

 Q-tip container was another MN buy recently.

Close-up of the new light fixture (that I installed myself).

 And there you have it.  The bathroom has a totally different look and feel for minimal investment.  Are there still things I want to change?  Of course (linoleum floor).  But I think it would be a waste of money since I have plans/visions for a complete bathroom remodel several years down the road.  This is perfect and looks even better in reality than it did in my head.  I am eager to change up the shelf decor with the seasons.

From this...


To this....




I still have one last decor item to add but I will get to that later.  Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! How did you make that mirror? It makes me want to take ours down and do that. We could use a shelf since we only have a pedestal sink and virtually no room for anything.

Mama Bird said...

Zena- basically, my dad made the frame with the shelf as one unit and then drilled two holes, one on either side of the the mirror to attach the frame directly to the wall. You could silicone the frame to the mirror as well but we didn't even bother to do this. I so love it!

Unknown said...

Where did you find barn wood? Did you get it pretreated?

Mama Bird said...

My dad had a bunch that he got for free from people. Not treated at all but had to be sanded down considerably. Then applied a couple coats of Polycrylic finish. Craigslist could be of use to get some wood if you don't have a relative that has some laying around.