Monday, September 12, 2011

Apples and Plaid

Is there anything that says fall more that apples and plaid?  Ok, you are right, maybe football.  But apples and plaid come in a very close second.  Fall is by far my favorite time of the year.  The air is crisp and refreshing, the smell of school supplies fills the stores, you get to wear more clothes, layers and scarves, we get to eat chili again and football wakes from its hibernative state.  And, it precedes my second favorite time of year, early winter.  Yes, fall is here!










This was taken with my new professionalish (of course that is a word) camera, a Canon Rebel T3i, thanks to my wonderful parents.  Every year my mom asks me what we want for our birthdays, which are both, now all, in November, and Christmas and I am at a loss as we don't "need" anything and we have a hard time thinking of what we want. Not this year, I put my request in early, August to be exact.  I wanted a nice camera or at least some money to put toward one.  About 2 weeks ago, I get a surprise in the mail, a check for a new, nice camera!!!!   (I realize I gave them no choice as I have one of their adorable grandsons in my possession and I do feel a little guilty about that)  I quickly ordered my camera online and it arrived about 5 days later.  So far I can only point and shoot but I am determined to learn how to use all the features, or at least try them all a few times.  Now, to find a photography class...anyone in the Madison area want to take one with me?

4 comments:

Kaiti said...

I'm extremely jealous of your camera and if we get one (it's on the list) I will definitely take a class with you! BTW, I LOVE Sully in plaid! He looks so grown up!

Unknown said...

A great camera. It takes good pics of Ellie, even though we haven't learned anything beyond preprogrammed settings.

Carol Harris said...

I would love to take a photography class with you. Now I just need to work on that whole move to Madison part of the equation.

Mama Bird said...

Yes, you Harris' need to move to Madison:) I found a class for $35 at a place in Madison called The Camera Company that will run through all the features of my camera. I am so excited!