Sunday, September 18, 2011

Busy Bee

I have been a busy bee lately.  I finally finished my office reorganization mission.  I moved some things around, purged some and put up a new shelf.  I feels great to be organized again.  (See before photos here)



Why would I just have one project going?  I wouldn't!  Here is what else I was doing.  From one of my favorite blog sites, Rambling Renovators, I saw this fantastic idea.  (I really wish I could take credit for this idea but I must give credit where credit is due)  I LOVE chalk boards despite the chalk dust so I just had to make my own.  Plus I have been dying to try out the chalkboard paint and this is the perfect opportunity.  I found this picture at Goodwill for $4. 


I was too lazy to take the frame apart to put a piece of wood so I just taped it off and painted the glass.  I don't plan on having this within Sully's reach so I figured it would be okay and I would not be worried about him breaking the glass.


I hung it up in the kitchen.  I am hoping that this will help me finally buy some toothpicks.


 I have more plans for the chalkboard paint with some pumpkins in the near future.  Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Kaiti said...

I also enjoy chalkboard paint! I have chalkboard labels I'm waitin to put up!

Raissa said...

Too funny! I'm working on a chalkboard for my kitchen too! I guess we do have similar taste :)

Carol Harris said...

I have been looking at antique stores for good frames, but they are always too expensive. I never thought to try Goodwill or Salvation Army. Brilliant. I'm totally copying this idea.