Monday, December 31, 2012

End...Begin

I love today.  For lots of reasons.  But mainly because there was one particular New Year's Eve that was one of the best days of my life.  




It felt like I waited a lifetime for that day.  Having known from middle school that he was the one for me.  I don't know if he knew it then, but I was sure enough for the both of us.




It was beautiful, fun and everything I hoped it would be.

Unfortunately, that means that any future NYE celebrations may pale in comparison to that perfect one.  Or at least that is how I saw if for a few years.  But now I won't do that, I won't carefully measure one celebration against another.  I don't want to lessen the meaning and experiences gained in each year since that one.



I can't believe it has been 8 years!  It seems impossible that it has been that long... but it has.  The calendar says so.  If there was no calendar, no formal measure of time, I would guess it was only 3 or 4 years ago.

Although much as changed, much is still the same.  Another year ended with you and another year will begin with you.



Cheers to us, Happy New Year to all.

No comments: