Friday, February 22, 2013

Random

When I was little I would have a recurring nightmare.  It was hazy and there would be enormous boulders rolling toward me.  The boulders were much taller than any adult, so you can understand how huge they were.  They would roll toward me and veer off just before running into me.  In the background, there were people from my life, my mom, dad, brother, grandparents and friends, running around crazy with their arms up in the air, like cartoon characters.  They may have been screaming too, but this sound was very muffled.  This terrified me.  Everything about the dream.  I am not even sure why.  Looking back, it seems not so bad.  I have often looked in dream books and searched Google for any meaning it may have.  I still don't know. 

I do know that it visited me at least once a week.  Once a week for several years, maybe 6 years??  Eventually the frequency of the dream dwindled until it never came back.  I often wonder if it ever will.  I wonder if it would still be terrifying.  If it would still have the same people and the same boulders.  If I would still be a kid or if I would be me now.

No comments: