Saturday, September 7, 2013

Autumnizing

I finally have the energy to do something other than lay on the couch and veg.  And just in time for fall decorating!  I started with the new bookcase wall in the living room.

I started this yesterday.  The Sul is in the "why?" phase and questioned why I was decorating for fall.  The hubs jumped in and said, "Don't worry about it.  You will never understand."  Clearly the autumnizing goes unappreciated by some in my house.  But I don't care, that won't stop me.

I am doing an alphabet wall in the baby room so I had lots of letters that I am doing different finishes on.  I decided to use some of them in my fall decor...


I get the letters from Hobby Lobby.  They are a blank slate and just begging for some creativity.

I decided to do a different finish on all the letters.  I had already glued yarn to the F and cork to the A.  I decided to wrap one L in burlap strips and the other L I glued a bunch of buttons to it since I had jars of them laying around.  Below is what happens when your toddler wants to "help".  They end up everywhere, mostly because he can't help himself and does a big swipe with his tiny but mighty hand and flings them in the far corners of the Earth room.


Here is my finished FALL.


Yes, I probably should have painted the button L white first but I was too lazy.

Here are some of the other fall touches in the bookcase area.



A larger view...


The hubs was not supportive of the football in the decor.  He just didn't know what he was supposed to do when he wanted to play football with Sully outside.  I gave him permission to use it anytime he wants, he just needs to place it neatly back in its place when he is done.  He is still dubious.

Autumnizing is happening in other areas, including the standard area for the vignette.  It is coming along but I can't show it just yet as I need some more pumpkins and maybe some mums to complete the look.  Stay tuned.

No comments: