Monday, February 27, 2012

This is a test, you fail?

Dear Sullivan,

Today you are 15 months old but I am wondering if you should really be 24 months old.  I think you have officially hit the "terrible 2s."  I was a bit tricked because I thought the tantrums, defiance and independence were effects of your recent illness (4 days straight of fevers) but I think we should be beyond the sick crabbys.

Suddenly, you refuse to
-eat (especially if I try to feed you or if I cut up your food, you prefer I do not overly handle your food) unless you can do it all by yourself
-allow me to brush your teeth
-fall asleep for a nap or bedtime without a crying fit

But right now, you love
-being read to, but only the books that you pick out
-trying to run into the street
-being held, almost all the time (separation anxiety??)
-sleeping in Mama and Daddy's bed
-peas

You are very Sully.  When I look at you now, I don't see me or your Daddy, I just see Sully.  I love that you are becoming your own person with likes, dislikes and quirks.  And you continue to grow into the most beautiful toddler I have ever seen.  Don't stop being you.

Here you are, celebrating your cousin Sean turning 1 yesterday.




(Yes, the shark is very near whenever there is food around)

Love,
Mama

No comments: