Monday, April 7, 2014

Healing

Dear Sydney,

On April 1st, you were two months old!


You are a pretty easy baby.

You love to be held.

You hate tummy time (and so does your brother, he just can't handle you being unhappy about it).

You always have big smiles for your big brother.


He just loves you so much.  He always says, "Let me see her eyes!"  He wants so much to play with you and make you smile.  He is often heard saying, "Don't let her sleep.  I don't want her to be sleeping!"  I have a feeling you two will be great friends.

You will nap or sleep anytime with me, as long as I am nursing you.

You love your bath but hate getting out of the bath.


By far your favorite thing to do now is standing.  Yes, you love to put weight on your feet and stand.  You will eventually start to shake and I have you sit to rest but you are ready to try again soon after.  You are so proud of yourself when you do this:)

You like to be swaddled but not too tightly.

You hate being strapped in your car seat but fall asleep almost instantly when the car starts moving.

Mornings are your favorite time and when you are most smiley.


I can't tell you how much I am enjoying having you.  How much we are all enjoying having you here as part of our family.  Sully made me a Mama but you have healed me.  You have made my heart whole again and I am forever grateful.  You made Sully a brother.  For that I am also forever grateful.  I am looking forward to learning more about you and watching you grow.  Love you so much Sydney/McGruber/Kenny (sorry, your parents really suck at nicknames).

Love,
Mama

No comments: