Monday, August 27, 2012

21

Dear Sullivan,

You were born exactly 21 months ago today.  When you think about it, it really is not that much time to develop a personality all your own.  But you certainly have.




My independent Sag.  Insisting on doing everything yourself.  You have so many ideas and thoughts about how you want to do things, whether or not it is physically possible or makes sense in reality is beside the point.







Last week friday, when I picked you up early from daycare, I found you not in the toddler room, but in the baby room.  You were positioned between two 9 month old baby girls.  You had turned on the charm full board, giggling, eyes fluttering, stuffing things down your shirt just being silly.  Quite the little entertainer.

I should not have been surprised to find this written on your daycare report last week:



Yes, my little leader.

Thrashing, busting your way through the world.  Making us all notice you.

A year ago today, you just started crawling.  And now, you don't stop running.





You don't need to try so hard, but I guess that is just you.

Reach high, little one.


Love,
Mama

No comments: