Saturday, August 25, 2012

Drought

Sorry about the drought in project/craft posts.  I guess life sometimes gets in the way.

So I will share a cute gift idea project.

I came across this tutorial for appliques at a fun blog called Life of a Cheap Chickadee.  I am into handmade gifts so I thought it would be great to make some gifts for some new littles in my life and try out the technique on the tutorial.  I think they turned out great!

Here is the fabric I bought.  I was making gifts for 2 baby girls and 1 baby cowboy.


Ironing on the sticky stuff.


Then I cut out my patterns and ironed them onto onsies.

For Charlotte:


For Harper:


For Wyatt:


After I ironed them on, I used the sewing machine to stitch around the edges, just like on the tutorial video.  I forgot to take a pic of the final products!  Oh well.  They are cute, easy and loved by all babies (and their parents).  Try it!