Saturday, August 4, 2012

The List Revisited

Back in January, while on my new year high, I made a list of things I would like to accomplish this year.  Here is what it said:

1.  Finish my first quilt!-Check!  I have finished a total of 3 quilts.

2.  Start knitting again.- Not yet

3.  Convert Sully's room into a toddler room.  I have already started collecting items for this and have an idea for adding some quilt strips to a plain twin comforter.- Not yet

4.  Re-decorate our bedroom.  This was the first room in our house that I painted and decorated.  It has been 6 years and it needs a new identity.  I plan on using the quilt I am making on our bed.- Check, see it here.  I still need to replace the ceiling fan though.

5.  Replace both sets of sliding doors in our house- they suck.- Not yet and I am adding the front door to the list of doors that need replacing.

6.  Run Crazy Legs again.-Nope, but I did run 2 5Ks this year, Race for the Cure and Hot 2 Trot, so I consider this item fulfilled.

7.  Take at least a 3 day vacay with just my hubs.- Planned for September!!

8.  Make and install shelving in our dining room and Sully's room.- Installed shelves but didn't make them, good enough.

9.  Get to a Brewer game this year.  I can't believe we didn't make it to ANY last year!- Nope, I don't see this happening either. But maybe we will make it to a Packer game.

10.  Enjoy my family, my life, myself.- Working on this all the time.

I am batting about .500 or slightly better, not bad.  I still have 5 more months and I know I will be getting Sully's room toddlerized this fall when he turns 2.  I am super pumped about a headboard for his twin bed that I got at St Vinny's this summer.  I have high hopes for knitting in the fall and winter, but we will see what happens.

No comments: