Monday, October 8, 2012

In the picture...

There is a great article that has been going around lately.  And maybe, like me, it spoke volumes to you and made you tear up a bit.

Becoming and being a mother has changed me more than I anticipated it would.  It has taught me to love deeper, slow down, take joy in the small things, laugh louder, give more hugs and kisses, get dirty, allow messiness, enjoy "home", appreciate my own parents more, etc, etc.  I could literally go on and on.

So much energy and love constantly being poured into our child(ren).  It is a lot of work.  But it is good work.  And I honestly don't know one single person that is not doing a phenomenal job parenting.

But lets see it.


I know Sully will always feel it.  But I want to leave him lots to see.  I want him to see what it looked like when he was almost 2.  And beyond.


I don't want to wait until we can be wearing the perfectly coordinating clothes with our hair done just right and the lighting optimal.  No.  Life is not perfect.  It is messy and sometimes very unorganized.  There are leaves in the sand box and sand in diapers.


There is dirt on my butt and melasma on my face.


My hair is often frizzy and I have a roll on my belly.


There are tears and tantrums and sticky hands.


But there is also so much love.


And I don't want to miss documenting that.  Not for me and not for him.

No comments: