Monday, October 1, 2012

#1

I feel like I got first place today.  I don't mean to toot my own horn but I kind of deserve it today.

I had one of the most productive stay-at-home-mom Mondays that I have had in a long time.

I could make a nice bulleted list for you of all the great things I got accomplished today but I don't think you care all that much.

Instead, I will just tell you what would have been #1 on my bullet list: I got the boy to eat two bowlfuls of red grapes and a bowlful of spaghetti for dinner tonight.  No lie, that kid went to bed with a full belly for probably the first time in his life and the fruit/veggie of the meal did not include a juice box or a fruit squeezie. (So what if he had a 3/4 of a hot dog and 1/2 of a fruit squeezie for lunch)

I just couldn't be happier with myself.  I might have Mother of the Year all wrapped up after today.

For all of you people who have no idea why this is such a big deal, you just wait until you have a toddler that hates food.  You will see.

As a special treat, just to remind me that I was able to get him to eat a good helping of real fruit, the Sul stashed one of the grapes in the front of his diaper so I saw it when I took it off to give him a bath.  After the initial panic of "Oh my God, is that blood?!?" wore off, I was again filled with pride in myself.  (Not sure what the diaper stashing is all about, the hubs found a crayon in his diaper yesterday)

Ok, I will share #2 with you too.

We had lots of quality giggle time today.




Happy Monday!

No comments: