Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nemo?

I am dying over this Nemo costume I have been making for the Sul for Halloween.  I felt a bit guilty for buying his frog costume from Savers last year, not even trying to make him one.  I had to make up for it this year.

He has a little obsession with Nemo going right now so I thought I would take advantage of it.  I mean, I could totally see me slaving over making a cute costume and then him refusing to even put it on.  I knew he would want to be Nemo.

I bought 2 blaze orange t-shirts from Savers, 1/2 yard of white fleece fabric and a small sheet of black felt.  I already had some black netting, quilting batting and some wooden skewers.


First I made the fins starting with the batting and skewers:



Then I did a bunch of other steps and this is what I have now:











I LOVE it from the back.  The front is not the greatest though and I have to tack down the front fins a bit more as they flop around a little too much.  Dying.from.cuteness.

PS if you want to know more about the steps, just ask!

2 comments:

Marzena said...

Love, Love, Love it!!!! Great job Tara

Unknown said...

This is Super cute! I want to make a Nemo costume for my daughter as she is obsessed with him. Could you please send me more info on the steps? Thanks!