Friday, September 28, 2012

Fleece mittens

It is almost that time of year again.  I looked and looked and looked but could only find one of Sully's 4 cute penguin mittens I had from last winter:(  I did find his cute newborn fleece mittens though.  So that gave me an idea....

I have lots of fleece just hanging around, begging to be used in a project so I decided to make some fleece mittens.  Heck, I even had some elastic laying around!


Step 1:  Trace your little one's hand or at least put them to work and have then trace their own hand.



Step 2:  Add approximately 3/4" to the tracing and draw a line in to use as a cutting guide.


Step 3:  Cut.


Step 4:  Trace the pattern onto your fleece and cut it out.


Step 5:  Get your elastic and cut a piece to attach to each cutout.



Step 6:  Sew your elastic onto the wrong side of your cutouts. I did this by starting to sew the elastic to the cutout and then stretching the elastic while finishing sewing the elastic to the cutout.  (Got that?)


Step 7:  Sew your cutout halves to their pair.




Step 8:  Trim off the elastic and turn right side out.


Voila!!


No comments: