As luck would have it, I came across this pin on Pinterest.
So I went to Kohls and got 3 big ones towels with coordinating hand towels and then gathered some ribbon I already had.
I followed all of the the steps as listed in the tutorial. However, I did not do any pinning, I am too lazy for that.
Here is what I had:
I had to embellish them a bit more and cover up the hand towel detail. Now this is the final product.
Holy cow, aren't they cute! They are killing me!
I must admit, I broke 3 or 4 regular needles in my machine sewing these. Once I burned through all of those, I found some more heavy duty needles and I was able to finish the last one without any needle breakages.
Then it was time to test them out!
Fun in the bath! Extra points for you if you can spot the hemangioma!
Someone was not happy with the photo shoot so this was the best I could do for a shot of how long it comes down.
It actually drags on the ground a bit when he is standing. So I figure he can use these until he is about 10.
This project gave me a great idea for a homemade Nemo costume!