Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Grown up

Well, it finally happened.  It happened last night.  It punched me square in the nose.  After the burning and stinging subsided, I recovered fairly quickly.  I mean, it was bound to happen sooner or later.  It is just strange that it is the first time that it happened to me and I am nearly 33 years old.

It didn't happen when I graduated college, nor when I got engaged or married, nor when the hubs and I bought our house or when we acquired Turbo, nor when I graduated grad school and got a day job as a health care professional.  Not even when I became pregnant and then a mother.

It happened because of a thunderstorm.

I caught myself worrying that the thunder was going to wake up my son and then wondering if we would get hail and if we did, how much damage would it cause.

And it was at that moment that I realized....I am a grown up.  There simply was no denying it anymore, no ignoring it.  Only grown ups think like that.

Do you remember when it happened to you?  Has it not yet happened?

Do I need to start acting like an adult?

No comments: