Monday, July 16, 2012

Genetic

Sorry for my lack of posting lately.  I am in one of my famous melancholy moods.  Yes, they tend to last weeks and sometimes months.  Nothing to lie about, it happens.

But I just wanted to share an important observation from today.

Apparently, it is genetic.  The compulsion to eat pinkish-toned crayons, that is.

One of my earliest memories is eating half of a Magenta Crayola crayon.  I remember it looking too good to resist.  I am not sure how I imagined it would taste, but it did not taste good.  It was a huge disappointment and I did not finish the crayon off.

Fast forward to today.  When I look over and see my son gnawing on a Salmon Crayola crayon.



Of course, I yelled at him but I felt like a hypocrite.  I had been there with that irresistible urge.  Sometimes you just have to go for it and suffer the consequences.  I am glad he went for it, good for him.

No comments: