Monday, April 2, 2012

theme song

So my theme song for yesterday would have been, "Mama said there would be days like this, there'll be days like this my Mama said."

I am not going to run down a laundry list of complaints.  I am just like everyone else who has bad days.

Instead, I am going to tell you what I learned from the day.

1.  Sometimes a good old fashioned cry it out session is just what you need.  Try to time it to occur with a toddler crying/screaming tantrum.

2.  Sleeping does not count as alone time or time to yourself, it is a given.  I need to make more time for myself.

3.  The Home Depot paint mixers can mix your paint in < 3 minutes, if the store just about to close.

4.  All closets should be painted yellow (or whatever other color makes you happy).  In my next house, all the closets will be painted yellow before we even move in.

5.  Tomorrow is a new day.  A new opportunity to start over.  And it is up to me to seize the opportunity.

Today was definitely better, less toddler tantrums and no Mama tears.  And an Easter impromptu photo shoot.



The kid LOVES wagon rides.


We explored the neighbor's egg tree and I learned Sully is a klepto.  We left with two of the eggs.



His baby hulk hands broke this pink egg.


The best pic I could get of him with the ears I put on him when he was 5 months.


Chicken face.




Hey Mom, is this or is this not a Tara toddler face???


And like all our photo shoots, Mama just has to push it until it ends in tears.  Please stop!!!


Happy Monday.


1 comment:

Marzena said...

I sure hate days like you had yesterday. Those are the worst. But I definitely agree that a good cry is absolutely necessary, especially when they throw their tantrums. Because by then, they've usually broken me down! I'm so glad you've had a better day today! Cute pictures, too. I think I'm going to download your theme song and play it during those "special" days:)