Monday, November 28, 2011

Oh Tannenbaum

Now that the birthday madness has subsided, it is on to Christmas decorating.

I have lots of Christmas decorations.  But I just was not feeling brining out all the same stuff that I have been using the past 5+ years.  I needed something fresh and different this year.  But mostly, something simple, not over the top.

I was in luck.

As fate would have it, my MIL Subes had 3 boxes of her mother's vintage Christmas bulbs and was wondering if I would like a few as the rest she was going to take to Goodwill.  No, those bulbs would never have a chance to see the Goodwill shelves.  They were all coming home with me.

I decided that this year, my Christmas decor was going to be beautifully simple and focused around these fantastic bulbs.  I tied some ribbon in place of the hooks for hanging them on the tree.


Then, I put up my two trees, one in the downstairs living room and one in the dining room.  I decided to try something a bit different with the dining room tree.  I hung the top two sections of the fake tree I normally put in that room from the ceiling from an anchored hook.  Why?  Honestly, I did not want to have to keep the boy away from two trees and the place I normally put that tree is where we store the high chair when we are not using it and I had no where else to put it.  If I hung part of the tree from the ceiling, I could lower the high chair and still store it in the same spot, no problem.  Here is how the two trees evolved from just lights to final product:








I even had some bulbs left to put over the sink in the kitchen...


And some more for a tray in the dining room.
 

And just for funsies, here is the dining room table and our stocking scape...


The only thing left is put up Sully's little tree in his room and we are ready for Christmas!

No comments: