Friday, December 30, 2011

7 years ago...

Seven years ago today,
we were getting ready for our big day.
To celebrate with our family and friends
as a new year begins and the last one ends.
Getting ready to start a new year
forever joined to you, my dear.
But I knew years before
that we would have marriage in store.
Only I didn't know how long it would take you
to also decide it was the right thing to do.
But you took my "hint" which was not so subtle,
straight to heart, lickety split, on the double.
The scene was set, Christmas Eve 2003,
you popped the question in front of my family.
A date was quickly set,
and straight to planning, I did get.
I was determined to plan the perfect party,
getting all the services lined up, can't be tardy!
And you, in typical Clayton style,
planned a speech about farts all the while.
So that on this date, seven years ago,
we were all rehearsed, set and ready to go.
I didn't sleep well that night,
nervous, hoping it would all go right.
Turns out, I didn't have to worry,
you were ready, after that pull of Jezy.
And I would do it all again, a hundred times more, become your wife,
marry you again, chose you as my partner for life.

Happy 7th Anniversary Babe!!!!

No comments: