Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Fever

I have Holiday Fever.  Everything I do, hear, see, eat has to be holiday oriented.  My car radio is set on a station that only plays Christmas songs, I made the family watch Elf this morning, I am patiently waiting for the Christmas cards I ordered to get here, I whipped up some sugar cookie dough for cut outs tonight (thanks for the recipe Teresa!) and I will bake them tomorrrow.  I even have my own signature holiday drink...


Fricken' delish...

I like mine room temp but the hubs likes his heated up and with cinnamon, either way, it is fab.

My cookie cutters and some sprinkles ready for tomorrow...


I got around to replacing the burned out light bulbs of the star my dad crafted for us and the hubs hung it up tonight...


 And viola, the house is Christmas-ized.



My shopping is basically done and I only have this week of work before a nice 10 day stretch off.  Life is good.  In fact, life is great.  I don't know how I got so lucky.

We have a tree at work with names supplied by the Coalition for the Elderly so that some people who normally would not get any gifts can get a gift for Christmas.  Having the life I have had, I truly have a hard time imagining anyone who would not have anyone- no family, no friends- to spend the holiday with.  Of course, I know that the reality is, it is more common than I would like to think.  In many cases, there is a simple lack of resources from which to attain basic necessities, much less a gift of any sort.

I am fortunate to have all of the above, family, friends and resources.  I am happy I am able to make someone else's holiday a bit more merry...

James got a pair of flannel pajamas,
Genece got a fuzzy white robe and
Henry got a George Foreman Grill.

I am eager to share this experience with Sully.  He will be able to pick some names and we will go shopping for someone else for a change.  I can't wait to teach him to be giving and thoughtful of others.  I can't wait to have his heart fill with the warmth of purpose and responsibility.  We have so very much to look forward to...

No comments: