Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Autumn

Yes, another post about fall.  There is just something about it, something in the air that...wakes me up!  It jolts me alive after the humid days of summer have lulled me to sleep for too long.  I want to be outside, have a bon fire, go to a football game, drink hot chocolate, wear hats and scarves.


But I think the reason I love it so much is because it reminds me of home, of being a kid and of my parents.  My mom went all out decorating for every holiday and the entire fall season.  Fall reminds me of the love my parents had (have) for my brother and I and the home they had worked so hard to make for us.  I find myself being very nostalgic every fall but even more so now that the Sullymon is here.  I want to make memories for him, for us. 


Memories of going to the pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, haunted houses, mittens and scarves, cozy blankets, hot drinks in mugs, roars of crowds watching a ball fly through the air, the sound of leaves crushing under feet, the smell of cinnamon, the taste of apples...

What does fall mean to you?  What is your favorite fall memory/tradition?






No comments: